Saturday, October 8, 2011

Book Talks with iTouch

Visiting author, Ralph Fletcher, is coming to our school in two weeks. I had students in grade 5 get into 5 groups and read his picture books. They had to then create a book talk on the book they read. They wrote a script beforehand and then videotaped themselves using the iTouch and students were able to finish in 45 minutes. The first group decided to setup chairs while the second group propped the iTouch on a chair, reversed the screen, and each took turns taping themselves. It was interesting to see how each group did it differently. Make sure you tell students to not be silly with the cameras and stay with their groups. I will play the book talks on the LCD screen outside the library when the author visits.

The example below is the group that proppred the iTouch on a chair and reversed the screen. I downloaded a 2010 PowerPoint template and followed the directions in the notes to create the video below.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YuZk_8VFsA[/youtube]

 

6 comments:

  1. I must express some thanks to this writer for bailing me out of this incident. Right after researching through the the net and finding techniques that were not pleasant, I thought my life was gone. Existing minus the answers to the difficulties you have fixed as a result of your main guide is a serious case, as well as those which might have badly damaged my career if I hadn't noticed your site. Your actual talents and kindness in controlling every aspect was important. I am not sure what I would have done if I hadn't encountered such a point like this. I can also at this moment look ahead to my future. Thanks very much for the high quality and effective help. I won't be reluctant to suggest your blog to anyone who requires assistance about this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Neat post. There is a problem with your website in internet explorer, would test this… IE still is the market leader and a good portion of people will miss your great writing due to this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s actually a great and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. grandioso cholulico mi bavido te estara guerr equicosia. dormo te begesbia regrala nos ciagincia o istira ograriam fricio bien.

    ReplyDelete